Meditation Monday: True riches



Better is a little with the fear of the Lord, Than great treasure with trouble.” ~ Proverbs 15:16

Celebrities have it all.

Those big houses, fancy cars, amazing vacations, and hordes of admirers. Ever-expanding bank accounts, name-brand bags and designer shoes, perfume lines and make-up boutiques in their own homes. Not to mention closets with enough clothes to fill a small department store.

And we can’t forget the messy public break-ups, the cameras flashing into every moment of their private lives, the unflattering photos paraded around by people consumed with jealousy…

And the pain of an empty heart.

Because when you watch these actresses, these socialites, these singers, parading themselves around as sex objects and letting their bodies be ravaged by men’s eyes, you have to wonder…

How empty do they feel, not knowing there is a Savior Who loves them? Whose heart aches when He sees what they’re doing to themselves? Who longs for them to come to their senses, to realize that the answer doesn’t lie in that Gucci bag, or in that suggestive music video, but in Him?

I don’t own a single designer bag, or have a massive bank account, or even a bottle of top-brand perfume. 

But I have Jesus.

I have forgiveness.

I have peace.

I have security in Him.

I have strength in Him.

I have eternity with Him.

I may not have a lot by what the world sees, but I am rich beyond measure in Christ.

Comments

Post a Comment

Feel free to share your opinions, however, please be aware that I moderate all comments, and will not approve any with vulgar, suggestive, or rude language (including those which make use of symbols [*%$] to take the place of letters to try to slide by). I also will not approve advertisement comments. Please use your voice to add to the conversation. You are free to agree or disagree, but please no trolling, flaming, or spamming. Thanks!

Popular posts from this blog

3 Things God Can't Do

Freefalling

God Doesn't Design Cookie Cutter Lives