Meditation Monday: Dragging




I will refresh the weary and satisfy the faint.” ~ Jeremiah 31:25

Ever notice how easy it is to get tired?

And when you’re tired from everything you had to squeeze into your day and the thought of what you have to do tomorrow is crowding down on you…

It’s very easy to give up.

To say, “Forget it.”

To bury your head under your pillows, even though you have homework and dishes and email and your cat’s clawing at your foot trying to get you to feed her…

It’s easy to say, “I’m done.”

Honestly, there are days where I’m dragging from morning to night. There’s so much to do, and so little time. The lack of sleep from the night before crushing me, but too much to do to take a nap…

I won’t be able to focus, my mind will be spinning, wondering what needs to be done next…wondering how I can do it all…

“I will refresh the weary and satisfy the faint.”

God gives us the strength we need to get it done. He gives us the power to get through even when we don’t feel we can go any longer. When we have four more things to get done before we can call it a day, when we have two more pages of a paper and another load of laundry, He gives us the strength to finish.

That strength to fold that last shirt, to type that last sentence.

To get it done.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

3 Things God Can't Do

Freefalling

God Doesn't Design Cookie Cutter Lives