Don't get it?



“Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways submit to him, and he will make your paths straight.” ~ Proverbs 3:5-6 NIV

There’s a whole lot of things I don’t get.

Like math. I’m pretty good at it, but when it comes to stuff like sine, cosine, and tangent, my mind just shuts down like a stubborn child (for some reason, even the creepy little rhyme “Oscar had a hold on Arthur” or whatever it was didn’t exactly make it any easier).

I also don’t get why my grandmother died of colon cancer when I was thirteen.

Or why some of my friends suffer with health issues when they try so desperately to eat right and take care of themselves.

Or why I couldn’t have some of the opportunities I so desperately wanted.

Or why…

Or why…

The good thing is, we don’t need to.

God’s plans are so much better than our own.

And even though He closes one door that we wanted to run through, He always opens another that will lead us down an even better path.

The thing is, we’ve got to take it on faith.

Think of it kind of like a GPS. We type in the address, and we trust that it’ll get us where we need to go (well, some of us have had better luck than others with those things, but that’s another story).

And when we’re driving along, we don’t get every single little step on that screen we’re following. We just get one step at a time.

And if you’re not willing to follow the GPS because you think you know a better way…well I know from experience that isn’t always such a good idea.

God has preprogrammed the GPS. He knows exactly where He wants us to get to. But we need to be willing to follow Him. We need to trust that He knows better than we do, even when it seems totally flying-pigs insane.

Because if we follow His guidance, we’ll get to exactly where He wants us to be. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

3 Things God Can't Do

Freefalling

God Doesn't Design Cookie Cutter Lives