6 Things I Need to Remember

Some days are a breeze. Others are hard. Like today.

There's a lot of stuff going on in my life right now ("Yeah yeah, Christy, join the club." I know, you all have a lot going on, too). And honestly, sometimes I get drained from it all. Like today. I came home late from work with a bad headache and a bunch of things to get done, only to have some unexpected things pop up. My to-do-list won't be finished today.

Days like this, when seemingly nothing goes my way (I admit, hyperbole, but hey, that's what it feels like), I can feel like a failure. Like somehow I messed up this whole life thing (yep, cue drama queen).

On those days, and honestly every day, there's a list of things that I need to remember: 


1. God loves me.

"But God demonstrates His own love toward us, 
in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us."
 ~ Romans 5:8 NKJV

Isn't it amazing, that our God loved us so much, He was willing to die for us? And He paid the price for our sins before we even acknowledged His existence. Jesus died for people who mocked and ridiculed Him, for people who thought He was a fool. It takes great love to give up your life for a friend. Jesus died for us while we still counted Him the enemy.


2. God renews my strength.

 "He gives power to the weak, and to those who have no might He increases strength.  
Even the youths shall faint and be weary, and the young men shall utterly fall,  
but those who wait on the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings like eagles, they shall run and not be weary, they shall walk and not faint."
 ~ Isaiah 40:29-31 NKJV

Even when I'm exhausted, God can give me the strength to carry on. It might not mean that I get every thing I wanted to get done finished, but it does mean I'll have the strength to get done everything that needs to be done.


3. God provides for my needs.

"Therefore do not worry, saying, ‘What shall we eat?’ or 
‘What shall we drink?’ or ‘What shall we wear?’ For after all these things the Gentiles seek. 
For your heavenly Father knows that you need all these things. But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things shall be added to you." 
~ Matthew 6:31-33 NKJV

The unsaved worry about how they are going to survive, because they don't have the assurance we have in Christ. Even when it seems dark, He'll provide our needs (if you still have doubts, just read the rest of Matthew 6, and search the web for George Mueller).


4. God is my shield.

"As for God, His way is perfect; the word of the Lord is proven; He is a shield to all who trust in Him. For who is God, except the Lord? And who is a rock, except our God?" 
~ 2 Samuel 22:31-32 NKJV

Nothing can come against me and cause me harm without God's permission. 


5. God forgives me.

"As far as the east is from the west, so far has He removed our transgressions from us." 
~ Psalm 103:12 NKJV

Even when I mess up big time, God is willing and able to forgive me. He loves me no less, and there is never a cap on the number of times He forgives me for my sins.

6. God is my guide.

"Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and lean not on your own understanding;  
In all your ways acknowledge Him, and He shall direct your paths."
 ~ Proverbs 3:5-6 NKJV
 
God guides my steps. He doesn't leave me to try to figure this whole life thing out by myself (praise Him for that!).


We all have crazy lives at times. Some of you may be going through a rough patch as well. Please remember, God will give you the strength to get through. He defends you, loves you, provides for you, forgives your faults. He guides you into the way He wants you to go.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

3 Things God Can't Do

Freefalling

God Doesn't Design Cookie Cutter Lives